Friday, June 1, 2012

Urban Oases # 2

As part of my continuing occasional 'Urban Oases" series I thought I would take a moment to ponder a very interesting art installation that has been floating in Boston's Fort Point Channel. The platform (literally and figuratively) that artist Heidi Kayser has been using for her on-going, continually-changing work called "The Remodeling Project" is a small square floating dock, anchored in the Fort Point Channel in Boston.

Artist Heidi Kayser has been kayaking out to this floating platform on an irregular basis to change the elements in her work "The Remodeling Project." Image copyright Daniel E. Levenson 2012.
The work itself has gone through a number of revisions and attracted media attention, including this piece in the Boston Globe. Personally, I have enjoyed seeing it each morning on my way to work so I thought I would feature it today, and besides, any piece of art that involves a kayak in the process deserves to be recognized.

Copyright Daniel E. Levenson 2012.

1 comment: