Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Urban Oasses, # 1

Image Copyright Daniel E. Levenson 2012.


Because I spend much of the week in the urban setting of downtown Boston I try to look for little patches of green space wherever and whenever I can, One such place is a little section of park that I pass through almost every day on my way to and from work along the Rose Kennedy Greenway, which is maintained by the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation. While a few acres of grass, shrubs and flowering trees is far from an ideal habitat for wildlife these little plots of land do provide food and shelter for year-round urban birds as well as migrants and seasonal birds. Over the course of the summer I'll be making occasional entries under the title of "Urban Oases" as I notice green spaces and wildlife in unexpected city settings.

Flowers growing in the shadow of the Financial District in downtown Boston. Image Copyright Daniel E. Levenson 2012.
Copyright Daniel E. Levenosn 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment